Bibles and Reference Material
Qodesh Books will be closed from 2 February 2020 till 10 February 2020.
The Scriptures 2009, by the Institute for Scripture Research (ISR)
* The prices of all pure leather bound Scriptures (Pocket, Normal size and Large print) have been reduced by an average of 15%.
This is a literal translation of the Bible in English. This translation differs significantly from most common English translations in that it has restored the original book order of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Tanakh, and restored the Name of the Most High, YHWH / יהוה throughout. The Names of all the books in the Tenakh are now restored to the original Hebrew, including the books of the Torah: Bereshith (Genesis), Shemoth (Exodus), Wayyiqra (Leviticus), etc, also the books of, Tehillim (Psalms), and Mishle (Proverbs) etc. The traditional rendering of the word "Law" has been restored with "Torah" throughout the translation, retaining the richness and full meaning of this word in the Hebrew language.The Scriptures is a literal translation of the Tanakh and the Messianic Scriptures. The divine Name (the tetragrammaton), YHWH / יהוה appears throughout. יהוה appears in Hebrew characters throughout the translation in the Tanakh (Torah, Nevi'im, Kethuvim) and also in the Messianic Scriptures. The name by which the Messiah was known, Y'hoshua / Yeshua, is restored in Hebrew as well and appears in the text as such, יהושע. The original Hebrew personal names of people and places are restored throughout the Scriptures, such as "Yirmeyahu" for Jeremiah, "Yeshayahu", for Isaiah and "Mosheh" for Moses and in the Messianic Scriptures, "Mattithyahu" for Matthew etc. Words and names, as far as possible, have been corrected in order to eliminate any names of idolatrous origin. The books in the Tanakh are arranged according to the original order of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings. Difficult phrases in The Scriptures are explained in footnotes and the explanatory notes.
Translator and Publisher: Institute for Scripture Research.
Read or download the Preface of The Scriptures.
Woord en Getuienis
Hierdie bundel is ‘n poging om ‘n Afrikaanse Vertaling van die Skrif daar te stel wat so ver moontlik voldoen aan die vereiste wat in Devariem 4:2; 12:32; Mieshleh 30:6 en Openbaring 22:18-19 neergelê word. Hierdie vertaling is in die eerste plek gebaseer op die mees oorspronklike (Hebreeuse, Aramese en Griekse) grondtekste beskikbaar, maar daar is tot 'n baie groot mate gesteun op bestaande vertalings soos die Afrikaanse Vertaling van 1933, die "King James" Vertaling van 1769 en die vertaling van "The Scriptures" van 1998.
Neem asseblief kennis dat hierdie nie 'n Afrikaanse vertaling van The Scriptures 1998 (ISR) of The Scriptures 2009 (ISR) is nie.
Prices do not reflect any shipping costs! Shipping costs are calculated and added before you complete your payment through www.shopify.co.za.
The “Shipping Address” refers to the address where your order will be shipped to by the South African Post Office via normal post.
How long will delivery of my order take?
- We use the South African Post Office by default and the Post Office should send you a notice that the parcel is at the post office. This normally takes less than 6 days. As a rule, we send you the tracking number of the parcel.
- If postage is via the South African Post Office, you could call Track & Trace at 086 011 1502 or here or here to find out what the status of your parcel is.
- On your request and at an additional cost, we use Aramex couriers, which has a next day delivery in urban areas, but the bag Aramex supply is not very large, i.e. not more than 3 copies of the normal size of The Scriptures fit in the bag.
- Do not use the online ordering if you wish to use a courier as online ordering uses only the Post Office. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 011/660-9075 for more details.
- Should you wish to use another courier, please arrange with the courier company directly.
If a product is found to be mis-addressed by Qodesh Books then Qodesh Books shall be responsible for the re-delivery, replacement or refunding of the product. If the customer is found to have given an incorrect or insufficient address, then Qodesh Books will not refund or resend the product and all responsibility for correcting delivery will be borne by the customer.
Delivery by a courier company must be arranged by yourself.
If you wish to order any of these publications for delivery in another country (than South Africa), please email us for costs.
Customs, Duties and other Charges: For any orders shipped outside the Republic of South Africa, the customer is the importer and will be responsible for all customs import duties, sales tax and all other charges. These charges vary in each country and are outside the control of Qodesh Books. Contact your local customs office for more information on what import duties or sales taxes may be imposed.
Payments are taken via a 256bit encrypted service that is run securely by PayFast.
Please make sure you select the correct shipping options when you finalise your transaction!
Any other questions? Click here.