Next Scriptural Festivals Posted on 28 Oct 20:23
The next Scriptural Festivals are those in the first month, Pesach on the 14th day of the first month, then follows the Week of Unleavened Bread from the 15th day for 7 days. See our calendar for details.
- A Scriptural month is determined by the phases of the moon and can only be 29 days or 30 days long.
- The Scriptural year begins with the first new moon after the barley in Yisra’el reaches the stage in its ripeness called “aviv”. The month of Aviv (start of the Scriptural New Year) can only be introduced with the physical presence of barley in Yisra’el.
- If barley is not in its stage of ripeness called “aviv”, then an extra month (thirteenth) is introduced, this ensures that the month of “aviv” always falls within its proper season.
- It is important to look for the new moon as the Feast Days are determined by the sighting of the new moon.
- The new moon was sighted from Krugersdorp and Prieska on 18 March 2018. Reports from Yisra'el (https://www.abibofgod.com/aviv-search & http://www.renewedmoon.com/) indicated that they found aviv barley, thus the beginning of the first Scriptural Month, with Pesach 14 days later, i.e. afternoon of 1 April 2018.
See Wayyiqra/Lev 23 for more details regarding the Festivals.