Next Scriptural Festivals Posted on 28 Oct 20:23
The next Scriptural Festival is Pesach on 8 April 2020. See our calendar for details.
- A Scriptural month is determined by the phases of the moon and can only be 29 days or 30 days long.
- The Scriptural year begins with the first new moon after the barley in Yisra’el reaches the stage in its ripeness called “aviv”. The month of Aviv (start of the Scriptural New Year) can only be introduced with the physical presence of barley in Yisra’el.
- If barley is not in its stage of ripeness called “aviv”, then an extra month (thirteenth) is introduced, this ensures that the month of “aviv” always falls within its proper season.
- It is important to look for the new moon as the Feast Days are determined by the sighting of the new moon.
- If the new moon is sighted in South Africa on 25 March 2020 and the barley in Yisra'el is in the state of 'aviv', then Pesach will be on 8 April 2020 and the seventh day of Unleavened Bread will be on 15 April 2020.
See Wayyiqra/Lev 23 for more details regarding the Festivals.